PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Runner

Old_Runner
07-21-2016, 12:51 PM
Hey folks. I am a 56 year old marathon runner and I'm interested in what particular supplement you believe will help increase my performance the most. I really appreciate any suggestions.

Powertard
07-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Nothing aas wise really

Maybe hgh at your age? Not really price justified tbh unless you're very serious.

Old_Runner
07-21-2016, 01:54 PM
Thanks! I'm very competitive and usually place in the top 10% overall. I have never used any performance enhancers. I'm at the age where I would like to see if they can help. My goal is to reduce my time during my races and compete with the young guys. I need to stay lean, but I want to add muscle strength and increase red blood cell production to maximize oxygen efficiency. Any other suggestions?

SmashedJuice
07-21-2016, 02:21 PM
Boldenone aka equipoise is number one aas wise when it comes to increasing red blood cells.

Actually depending on your natural testosterone production, you will of course benefit from low dose testosterone, will help a lot with recovery.

Powertard
07-21-2016, 02:29 PM
Smashedjuice is correct On eq
didn't want to suggest it because of testing time

Old_Runner
07-21-2016, 02:36 PM
Thanks! I know that testosterone production reduces with age. I have considered getting my T-levels checked. There is a lot of advertisement today about replacement therapy. In doing a little research, I see that halo may help improve performance for endurance athletes with respect to red blood cell production and strength increases, but there is a lot of warning about liver toxicity. Any thoughts?

Old_Runner
07-21-2016, 02:42 PM
The eq suggestion is very helpful...thanks!

SmashedJuice
07-21-2016, 03:45 PM
Honestly i wouldn't mess with halo, it is very toxic to say the least.

That being said, i use it occasionally as a pre workout booster for cns activation.

Old_Runner
07-21-2016, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the advice. What about using halo for a few days leading up to a race and then during the race only? The goal would not to use halo for training, but for races only. I like the advice on eq and think it's worth pursuing. Wish I knew more...thanks for all of your suggestions!

Powertard
07-21-2016, 06:13 PM
Well it could bring out the competitive and aggressive side of you more

CRIDZ
08-16-2016, 02:57 AM
The East German doing scandal the athletes as soon as they started training the chemicals started, there weapon of choice was "turinabol" I have a friend who is a professional cyclist, I grabbed him some mts turinabol and he is loving it so far

Old_Runner
08-16-2016, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the tip CRIDZ! I will for sure look into Turinabol to see if this might help.