PDA

View Full Version : tips for binge eating

Powertard
08-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Hi

Basically struggle with this hugely

Being a powerlifter i kind of developed this eating disorder because to put lots of strength and size onto myself I would force feed stuff like pizza, donuts and chocolate milk because I was poor and couldn't afford real food

It worked lol

Buutt

I am now left with the habit and learning to eat like "a normal person" is doing my head in and I am finding it really hard now to keep away from junk food and stick to a "clean" diet. I know about iifym but years of conditioning of a serving of pizza Being an entire pizza or a donut being a bag of donuts has got me into this habit of once I have one I cannot stop.

So I have to keep away from it and not have it in my house! Then someone offers it and eventually I give in and have one then all I can think about for ages is when I can have another donut or something like a junkie lol and then I end up breaking and wantjg to get a donut or a piece of junk food and fit it in my macros for the day howeevvverrr every thing is sold in multi packs nowadays. You cannot just buy one donut it's a bag of 12 or not one anickers bar but a pack of 3=

Yes I sound like a fatass but years of eating that way to get big and strong ends up causing this habit which is super hard to break from. It's like this guy in my town he was a semi pro rugby player already a big guy fairly fat but very muscular and he got tackled hurt his back wasted all his muscle and couldn't stop eating the way he was used to over the years despite trying tkand now he's morbidly obese and this happens to like so many people. There is this guy in the gym I used to go to and he did shows and such came in regularly at 3% bf but it was the post show bjnge he couldn't control and now he is a 22 stone literal blob like 50+ inch waist because he couldn't stop doing it...same with another guy I knew called Chris but he managed to eventually get down to a healthy bf% but he hovers around 20% year round nowadays.

I don't want to wind up that way, obviously, especially at a young age.

What to do? Years of being used to eating 3000-4000 calories per day and mostly dirty food and now goog to 1800-2000 of clean food I am really struggling. Its like I'm addicted to these products and cannot stop myself once I start.

DarrenW29
05-02-2021, 07:05 AM
Drink plenty water
Fast eat later in the day
Stay active
drink coffee
choose high volume foods
Veggies bean spouts lean meats

Think of food as survival and if you do over eat don’t kill your self with starvation get back on plan and you will soon overcome the binge eating.