PDA

View Full Version : how many years off of life doing this?

Powertard
08-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Heard competition or heavy androgen abuse knocks about 2-5 yrs off your life

I'll live with that honestly

If it's more like 7-10 then it's not something I'm willing to do

Getting a heart scan soon to see if I have damaged myself

I am also making a pledge...I am going to do these scans every 9 mos. If there is any significant aterial plaque build-up of heart damage the moment I see that I am never cycling again and giving this up

I know aas aren't brutally harmful it's all the diuretics insulin and just being plain huge that causes it but there has to be some type of risk here

I have read all the medium term studies using supra doses and stuff is okay in the short and med term but we have nothing on tren etc. Long term I have seen that scewed lipids causes long term plaque build up bbbbutttt as soon as you stop being a fatty and eat healthy it can be reversed to a point.

LVH seems to occur after around a decade of abuse in some people but heart tissue is plastic and damage can be reversed unless it gets to the point of heart failure.

So.

As bodybuilders how do we handle this? Say you got a scan result and your heart wasn't doing great. Would you stop this?

I'd really appreciate some quality information based on some pubmeds and anecdotes from people's blood work if that is okay, please!!

Need to draw conclusions from real data. Health and longevity really is important.

big482
08-10-2016, 10:42 AM
My heart has been enlarged for the last 8 years . Competition at a high level requires some risks . You will always do some form of damage because your heart is a muscle so you already know their is risk but you can die from drinking to much water . You going to die when god wants to take not from steroids. If your time is up your time is up. I saw it in War . Steroid health issues are their you can take precautions but something is always going to happen. Bodybuilding naturally or geared up is hard on your body period . Me personally l would rather look like a beast and feel like one than live 5 extra years being old and feeble. 50% of Olympic athletes said if you gave them a drug that make them win a gold medal but kill them 5 years later they would do it. It really depends on your goals and what want. Hell you can run 200mg of testosterone a week for life and live way better than if you didn't.

You wont find any studies on tren with humans because its never been approved for human use . But everyone thinks anadrol is so harsh . So why can children and women take it safely . All steroids with the exception of tren and halo are fine in therapeutic doses . They improve life that's why they are prescribed by Dr's now or at one time. You have look at Does the benefit out way the side effects? In some case are the side effects worth what the chemical does? That goes for all medication. That's how Dr prescribes medication . Do the benefits out way the side effects for the patient.

I think if you have any doubts about steroids you should have never taken them because most people that taken them it becomes a life long journey whether you want it to or not .

Powertard
08-11-2016, 05:29 PM
100% agree with that, Big.

Sure, if I were an Olympic athlete then shit of course give me a drug that would make me win everything and be a world champ then shit sign me but I die in 5 years time then shit sign me up! Hell yeah!
What an amazing life to be the ultimate champion. Of course I would do that no questions.

....but I'm not.

I'm a 20 year old who has three blown out vertebre a mashed SI joint two shoulder tears a pec tear and patella tendonitis lol. I cannot be an ultimate champion...I'm too injured!

There is a balance here. I'm not willing to die a decade young to be a big muscle man, Life and health to me honestly is far more important than that.

Also with BBing is the mental strain...the eating disorders, the OCD...the coming off your stack looking in the mirror shrinking go "oh shit" then count down the seconds until you can get back on your gear again and be paranoid everyone in the Gym is looking at you because you're smaller.
NOT HEALTHY.

Doing this differently from here on out. Already lost my youth to a sport which I dedicated my soul to which didn't work out not going to lose my older years to a hobby either.

Deano249
11-08-2016, 10:55 PM
The heart and cholesterol is the main concern for me... also think about prostate issues.. then least importantly but still a concern is the hormone receptor damage and natural testosterone levels damaged beyond repair... but there's an answer for that... hrt.

Best way to maintain a healthy heart and cholesterol levels is to keep a strong cardiovascular system... with cardio exercise of course.. healthy diet... omega 3 world wonders.. 4 grams a day is standard routine for me. As well as all the other vits to improve immune system, blood pressure.. blood toxicity...
I always think a little hormone abuse won't hurt as much as what most people live like, as long as you're looking out for your health in every other aspect.. you're bound to outlive those slobs who just live like bums and eat shit and don't exercise.

h0rsey
11-14-2016, 02:50 PM
I believe if you have time off, dont stay on high dosages all the time, avoid long use or prolonged use of orals, get blood tests, supplement with vitamins and cycle aids you will be ok.

Smoking, sniffing coke, going on alcohol benders and eating a shit diet 24/7 and being fat is much worse then taking anabolic steroids.