PDA

View Full Version : Filter Needles With Glass Ampules

Old_Runner
11-01-2016, 06:21 PM
How many of you use filter needles for extracting with glass ampules? Is this something that is necessary, or is it just a safe practice? Thanks for your feedback!

fatboy
11-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Trusting your source is more important so you don't have to do that .

Old_Runner
11-03-2016, 02:07 AM
I agree fatboy...thanks. The source is good, but since I'm new to this, I was told that there is a potential danger of extracting micro glass shards because you have to break the ampule in order to get at the gear. Many hospitals require nurses to use filter needles when extracting medicine from glass ampules. I was just wondering if such a practice carried over here and if you guys really see a need to use filter needles for glass ampules. The Bio-Science gear comes in glass ampules rather than vials.

big482
11-03-2016, 10:21 AM
I have used amps since 08 and never used a filter. I am using biosciences test e now . I don't really think it is necessary but it won't hurt anything. The minute glass shards if any probably would not do anything . If you look at primo under a microscope it is like little glass shards itself. I think you are safe

fatboy
11-03-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm not aware that med tech even do amps . Why even go anywhere else .
Anyway I'm sure you an get openers for the amps that stop any glass breakage . I was going to buy one years ago . The glass shards were a concern of mine to .
I used to pull up with a smaller blue instead of a green for that reason .

Old_Runner
11-03-2016, 10:43 PM
I also have the Bio-Science Test E I got from Med-Tech. Glad to hear that there isn't a concern