PDA

View Full Version : Blast & Cruise vs PCT

THE COACH
05-03-2017, 09:12 PM
I've been getting asked this question a lot by my clients lately so I thought I'd do up a public post about this frequently asked about topic with everyone. I'll try to keep explanations as generic and in layman terms as I can, so for those who want a more scientific/in-depth discussion or explanation feel free to chime in later and I will respond.

PCT

Running a PCT post-cycle is what is traditionally the go-to way to end your steroid run. While the exact schematics of a PCT regime will differ from individual based on recovery rates and how harsh the prior cycle was, all PCT routines typically involve a short layoff before commencing a heavy blast of fertility drugs (e.g. Nolvadex, Clomid, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, etc) before going completely off any synthetic hormone products for a set period of time. I like comparing PCTs with on/off flicks on a light switch - when you're on your cycle your endocrine system shuts down for the duration of that cycle. Going on a PCT flicks the switch on, allowing you to start up your endocrine system again. Old-school approaches tend to set the time-off period to the same number of weeks as the cycle was run. This was said to give the body enough time to cleanse itself and recover from the harsh and health-damaging effects of prolonged steroid use. However, going cold turkey post-PCT itself also places the body under undue amounts of stress due to the fluctuating hormone markers when transitioning between a cycle and coming off. Remember that whenever you start a cycle by injecting hormones, your body is suddenly shot to supraphysiological levels within a short period of time. Coming off plunges these levels to complete zilch almost immediately after the ester wears off, where your body is then left struggling to return to natural levels on its own before another sharp rise caused by the start of the next cycle. In the long-term, with regards to bloodwork and general health markers, you'll see things like blood pressure, lipids, cholesterol and the like going crazy and never truly stabilizing. As such, the PCT method should only be used by people who want to come off either for good, or for an extended period of time. In the case of recreational athletes who want to run a single cycle or two for the summer, then come off and enjoy their gains, the PCT approach is the most logical for them as they have no intention of running steroids for long. In the case of athletes who see themselves living a bodybuilder's lifestyle, running multiple cycles through the year for many years consecutively, the blast and cruise approach may be more suitable for them.

That being said, MTS carries a wide range of products that facilitate the PCT recovery period should one choose to go down this path.

An all-in-one PCT tablet covers all your bases, allowing you to just take one product daily for all your PCT needs: https://med-tech.so/products/orals/pct.html

For users who want more exact control over their PCT protocol, pharmaceutical grade products are also available on our website.

Clomid: https://med-tech.so/products/pharma-ancillaries-peptides/clomid-clomifene-citrate.html
HCG: https://med-tech.so/products/pharma-ancillaries-peptides/organon-pregnyl-5000iu-hcg.html
Nolvadex: https://med-tech.so/products/pharma-ancillaries-peptides/nolvadex-tamoxifen.html

Blast & Cruise

For athletes who see themselves running hormones for prolonged periods of time, I recommend them taking the blast and cruise approach. This means substituting the PCT process and time off with a Testosterone Replacement Therapy dose of hormones, which tends to be within the 150mg to 250mg range while sometimes going higher for the truly huge athletes with insane amounts of muscle mass. In this situation, called a cruise, the athlete would come off all other compounds while keeping to just a long-estered Testosterone like Cypionate or Enanthate for their recovery period. Unlike the PCT method, there is no set or recommended time limit for how long to stay on a cruise. One would go by their bloodwork, where once health markers are good to go then they are given the green light to proceed with their next blast, in this case the main cycle. While the main benefit of this method lies in keeping blood hormone levels stable, other benefits include better mental health, where fluctuating estrogen and other hormonal levels trigger what is the synthetic equivalent of depression and anger outbursts. There is also next to no regression, wherein coming off completely after a PCT will see the athlete lose a substantial amount of muscle mass and spend the first half of the next cycle trying to regain what was lost, going on a cruise tends to see the athlete go flat and soft due to the lack of cosmetic compounds like Trenbolone and Winstrol, but whatever hard-earned muscle will still be there waiting for the next blast.

Testosterone Enanthate: https://med-tech.so/products/standard/test-enanthate.html
Testosterone Cypionate: https://med-tech.so/products/standard/test-cyp.html

For coaching and advice specifically tailored towards your individual needs, feel free to drop me an email at [email protected]

kleine
05-03-2017, 09:38 PM
https://med-tech.so/products/pro/nebido.html

Usefull for cruising(8-10 weeks)?

If yes, 2 weekly injects, 3weekly injects, 4weekly injects? And dose?

I'm 33 and have a daughter so no reason for me to come completely off.

THE COACH
05-03-2017, 09:53 PM
https://med-tech.so/products/pro/nebido.html

Usefull for cruising(8-10 weeks)?

If yes, 2 weekly injects, 3weekly injects, 4weekly injects? And dose?

I'm 33 and have a daughter so no reason for me to come completely off.

I would dose Nebido once every 10 to 14 days or so, dosage would depend on your stats. 1ml each time is more than enough for majority.

kleine
05-03-2017, 10:04 PM
I would dose Nebido once every 10 to 14 days or so, dosage would depend on your stats. 1ml each time is more than enough for majority.

Thank you. I will try it after my blast. Have already nebido in stock.

h0rsey
05-20-2017, 02:46 PM
Blast and Cruise would eventually make you infertile right? Unless you blasted and cruised for a long while (ie few years) then did a hard PCT with HCG, tamoxifen, clomid etc and stayed off until you had a kid? Or would the use of clomid, hcg during the blast and cruise be ok and reduce infertility?

THE COACH
05-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Blast and Cruise would eventually make you infertile right? Unless you blasted and cruised for a long while (ie few years) then did a hard PCT with HCG, tamoxifen, clomid etc and stayed off until you had a kid? Or would the use of clomid, hcg during the blast and cruise be ok and reduce infertility?

Whether blast & cruise or cycle & PCT, when you're "on", your endocrine system is "off". There's no "reducing fertility" by using ancillaries while on the cycle because your testicles will still stay "off". You're either "on" or "off", where it's like a light switch. So just as you said in the first two sentences, if you want to have a kid you'll ideally have to come off completely and run a very strong PCT until your lady gets pregnant. But that said, there are many people, some I know personally whom have had kids while blasting so it really is a subjective issue here.

Dekerel
05-22-2017, 11:35 AM
what about going off after like 2 years of blasting and cruising? wil your test ever be as high as it was before?

THE COACH
05-22-2017, 11:58 AM
what about going off after like 2 years of blasting and cruising? wil your test ever be as high as it was before?

Genetics, my friend. There are guys who go on for years then come off without ever doing a proper PCT and they're fine after a few months. Of course, those are outliers and some people will never see their natural levels the same again.

Chris GW
06-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Coach, what is your opinion on running HCG through your cycle? It's not something i've done but i see a lot of comments elsewhere on forums etc from people who insist its the way...

THE COACH
06-22-2017, 07:29 PM
Coach, what is your opinion on running HCG through your cycle? It's not something i've done but i see a lot of comments elsewhere on forums etc from people who insist its the way...

A lot of people like to think running HCG is gonna make you 'shut down less' which is quite a nonsensical term IMO. When you're shut down, you're shut down; doesn't matter whether you're on a TRT dose or you're blasting 15 grams of steroids but when you're down, you're down. HCG acts like an on switch for your balls - when you're off your cycle and PCTing you take it to switch things on again. I don't see the need to run HCG concurrent to the cycle.

Chris GW
06-22-2017, 09:41 PM
Thanks Coach, that's exactly what i thought.

ironmaster
03-29-2018, 12:20 PM
Ok guys I'll give you my take on it after 25 years of using gear. No BS

As a guy bloke 20 years old did not know about PCT so would just cycle 6-8 weeks on and 6 weeks off then repeat. If I was planing a show my cycle would run an extra 4 weeks as I would use injectable winny last 4 weeks for condition so it was a 12 week cycle again with 6 weeks off. during my off time I would take nothing and would only drop a little strength and fullness and yes by week 6 felt like I was running on fumes so you guessed it back on cycle. I was smart enough to know to combat E2 and would take nolva or proviron with my cycles and sometimes run it 4 weeks after cycle as needed. I did not use these all the time only when I notice that my nips got sore and run it until they felt good again. Cycled like this for 3 years.

Then I was put onto a DR and my cycles became longer 12-16 weeks then would do full PCT this is how I did it

weeks 1-12 cycle
week 13 hcg 3000iu mon-thurs
week 14 hcg 1500iu mon-thurs
then followed up with 30 days of clomid 50mg/ed

blood work was done 6 weeks later and test levels fell back into normal ranges

may take another 6-8 weeks off before doing it all again

Now in my 40's I no longer can reach full recovery even with a good PCT
so now just stay on low dose test and use HCG 10shots x 1000iu each shot spaced eod when I feel my balls are getting to small and it fixes it right up. When I cycle I'll add what every compounds I want to at the time keep the test low at trt if going for lean gains or up the test a bit more if wanting more fullness. I'll use AI and SERMS as needed plus any other support compounds like if taking tren would add some caber.

hope you all got something out of that.

GODZILLA
03-29-2018, 05:02 PM
thanks for the info ironmaster, i agree after 35 or 40 trt is the best way to go. keep test at a 200mg per week and it will increase quality of life significantly without any real negatives sides. put from time to time some other compounds in for shredding for summer or growing etc and you are good. keep doing bloodtests to see how the body is responding and read about it and learn

MTS-Head Coach
06-19-2021, 02:55 PM
PCT in my opinion is something created on internet , but if you stop and think with your head you will understand when you start gear if you stop you will lose because you are putting exogenous stuff in your body on dosages that your body never will produce to keep the gains. Even when you got bigger like 100kg shredded you will need maybe 1gr test just to keep this muscle mass .
That´s why i always said to any natural guy : Think very well before you start , are you life from fitness image? are you be competition athlete? or you have a dream to get huge? If you want it badly understand this is a street without turning back .

Doing PCT you are using drugs the same way : clomid, tamox, HCG , toxic for liver as the steroids used to grow , that´s why i try to avoid AI ( only when needed ) because the more drugs you use more stress you cause to your body . PCT is always a step back losing all or almost all and start again . When we start using gear the goal is always improve every day and the only way is stay on always , of course doing some cruises to rest the body but never off