PDA

View Full Version : Insulin Novolin R pre workout

ns9797
12-26-2017, 01:57 AM
I found that taking insulin novolin R pre workout is best timing for me. How long to wait to take the insulin after eating my first meal which is 16 egg whites and 1 1/2 cup oats with 2tbs peanut butter? And how long do you half to stay awake after shot?

THE COACH
12-26-2017, 06:51 PM
I think this is in the wrong section but...

1) Novolin R is a short acting insulin (similar to Humulin R) so you'd want to eat ideally 30 to 45 minutes after injecting. With rapid acting insulins like Humalog and Novolog, the eating window is shortened to about 15 minutes after injection. Of course, these are really rough estimates and can vary from person to person, so you shouldn't be sitting there expecting to wait out the full 45 minutes before you have your meal - if you get light headed or experience hypo signs leading up to your supposed eating window then you should eat because that could very well save your life.

2) Here's a chart of various insulins and their peak periods:

https://i.imgur.com/y5q93GO.gif

You should be safe to sleep after the peak has passed. So for "R" type insulins you're good after about 4 hours but make sure you have enough carbs to cover you before in that duration.

GODZILLA
12-26-2017, 07:01 PM
most usually start 10grams of carbs per IU of insulin and then lowering it to where you still satisfy the insulin needs but not overdo the carbs as otherwise you will gain lots of fat easily. so best is step by step and always being mindful of how insulin works and its timings and have key people around you aware of your actions so they can jump in and help if it would ever be needed

ns9797
12-28-2017, 01:14 AM
Ok thanks. I have my pre workout meal with insulin about an hour or more after my first meal is that long enough window between meals? First meal 3cup egg whites 1 1/2 cup oats. And I have been having my pre workout meal about 10min after injection then train. I have orange juice on hand during workout if feeling hypo but typically feel fine. I notice after my workout I was going hypo and had to down the oj and a few rice cakes then went home and ate and started feeling fine. But felt really drained after by only taking 2iu it all happened about 2 hours after injection was when I really felt hypo. Is that normal?

GODZILLA
12-28-2017, 07:44 AM
Ok thanks. I have my pre workout meal with insulin about an hour or more after my first meal is that long enough window between meals? First meal 3cup egg whites 1 1/2 cup oats. And I have been having my pre workout meal about 10min after injection then train. I have orange juice on hand during workout if feeling hypo but typically feel fine. I notice after my workout I was going hypo and had to down the oj and a few rice cakes then went home and ate and started feeling fine. But felt really drained after by only taking 2iu it all happened about 2 hours after injection was when I really felt hypo. Is that normal?

the moment you feeling going hypo and weaker start eating quick carbs, always have some dextrose or banana or honey with you

ns9797
12-28-2017, 07:38 PM
Is an hour fine takin the insulin after a meal or should I wait longer? Meal before injection eggs whites and oats. Also since I felt the hypo after the workout even injecting the insulin hours before, how much carbs should I consume when feeling hypo even know I already followed the 10 gram rule per iu and took in the nessacry carbs pre workout with the insulin. Should I wait until I feel hypo to take in the necessary carbs or is that feeling going to come off and on even know I took enough carbs with the shot. If you catch my drift.

THE COACH
12-28-2017, 10:32 PM
I'm gonna assume this is your first 'run' with insulin? How long have you been going at it so far? With the hypo feeling, if you're starting to get dizzy midway in the gym or on the verge of blacking out and etc, don't bother calculating how many carbs to take in and so on at that point in time. Save your life first. As Godzilla said, you'd want to start eating quick carbs - simple sugars or you could get some glucose tabs from a pharmacy as those work faster. If this happens on a regular basis, you'd be able to start gauging how much carbs you take in to stop the hypo and slowly taper down from there. It's always better to overshoot your carbs when going hypo because you can potentially die.

If you've not had any experience with insulin, you'd ideally want someone to guide you - both plan out a proper insulin protocol for you (dosage, time between meals, hypo precautions, etc) and walk you through execution. Insulin is a very powerful hormone and can put on serious muscle on you if used right, but the keywords here being 'used right' so you'd want proper guidance.

ns9797
12-29-2017, 12:34 AM
Yes first run and third day, I understand to over shoot on carbs if feeling hypo, I didn’t start feeling hypo until after post workout cardio just light treadmill incline. That was my only hypo moment which was like 2 post injection of the Novolin R, so even know the typical timing somebody should consume carbs is ideally 30 to 45 min after injection and even know I consumed the estimated amount of carbs around that time I ended up having a hypo moment 2 hours after. So should I still have the carbs around the 30 to 45 min post injection time and more carbs when starting to feel hypo even long after injection? Yes I’m new to the insulin and know some of the dangers that’s why after inject I’m on high alert on how I’m feeling but I know when I’m starting to have a hypo moment, it’s as if you haven’t ate at all and are starting to get the shakes breathing heavily and are to nausea to eat even know you need to.

ns9797
12-29-2017, 12:37 AM
Also been noticing increased thirst and urination

THE COACH
12-29-2017, 01:57 AM
I think something you might have missed out on is that R-type insulins have a second release coming at the 1.5h to 2h mark where, if you look at the chart I posted earlier, the insulin truly peaks. Your carbs should cover the first peak, so you have your food (your sugars and your proteins), then you go train. Right as the second release comes around you want to eat again; some carb powder like Vitargo or dextrose with your whey isolate. The reason why you're having the hypo moment is probably because while you covered your bases with the first peak, you neglected to eat again on the second peak. Hope this helps.

ns9797
12-29-2017, 02:13 AM
Got it thanks.

ns9797
12-30-2017, 10:31 PM
Could novolin R Be causing aches and chills overall flu like symptoms? I’ve been on insulin for about a week now and have been starting to feel ache during workouts I’m not having hypo feeling just flu like feeling that seems to last all day after workouts. I’m still following the 10 gram per carb rule staying at around 3iu per workout. I did some research and found that it could be the low blood sugar and the muscle doesn’t have and glycogen to burn, but Like I said I’m following the 10 gram rule and I’m not feeling hypo just really achy. I do suffer from chronic pain but idk if insulin has a major effect on that. Should I drop the slin and see if everything goes back to normal. And or add more carbs even know I’m not feeling hypo?

GODZILLA
12-31-2017, 07:53 AM
Could novolin R Be causing aches and chills overall flu like symptoms? I’ve been on insulin for about a week now and have been starting to feel ache during workouts I’m not having hypo feeling just flu like feeling that seems to last all day after workouts. I’m still following the 10 gram per carb rule staying at around 3iu per workout. I did some research and found that it could be the low blood sugar and the muscle doesn’t have and glycogen to burn, but Like I said I’m following the 10 gram rule and I’m not feeling hypo just really achy. I do suffer from chronic pain but idk if insulin has a major effect on that. Should I drop the slin and see if everything goes back to normal. And or add more carbs even know I’m not feeling hypo?

carbs and sugars are inflammatory to a very high degree, this could be a reason you are aching more now

ns9797
12-31-2017, 10:34 AM
Do you mean I’m not taking in not enough carbs or to much? I am someone that cant tolerate wheat well. If so how should I go about?

GODZILLA
12-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Do you mean I’m not taking in not enough carbs or to much? I am someone that cant tolerate wheat well. If so how should I go about?

carbs/sugars in general promoto inflammation so could be in your case its making you ache more. the more carbs the more inflammation the more aches. slin and hgh and carbs are good for growth but health wise carbs arent the best macro

ns9797
01-01-2018, 12:03 AM
Yeah I didn’t seem to get the aches really during workouts without the insuin even taking in more carbs so it could be something with the effects of the insulin and carbs on my body during workouts. Best thing most likely for me is trial and error and experiment. Take the insulin out for a day or two and see how I feel. It may even be something else like test prop. So I’ll see. Thanks

ns9797
01-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Since I’m going to continue to be on the growth because I have it covered and dosage is at 7iu. What should I watch out for long term if I keep the insulin out. I hear growth can make you insulin resistant and stuff. Should I be fine long term at the dosage? And how should I go about eating with just the growth and AAS without the insulin, carbs and such.

ns9797
01-02-2018, 04:20 AM
Can gh lower blood sugar? For example taking 3iu In the morning a lot of times I’ll get shakes and nausea just a overall feeling of low blood sugar. And I’ll even get it post workout pre bred shot. If gh does lower blood sugar why is insulin added. Is it just person to person and everyone’s different? And if your prescribed growth hormone because your deficienct and on a fairly high dose that doctor prescribed and monitored by your doctor would the insulin be still a good thing to add because it can make you insulin resistant. Wouldn’t a doctor know that?

GODZILLA
01-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Can gh lower blood sugar? For example taking 3iu In the morning a lot of times I’ll get shakes and nausea just a overall feeling of low blood sugar. And I’ll even get it post workout pre bred shot. If gh does lower blood sugar why is insulin added. Is it just person to person and everyone’s different? And if your prescribed growth hormone because your deficienct and on a fairly high dose that doctor prescribed and monitored by your doctor would the insulin be still a good thing to add because it can make you insulin resistant. Wouldn’t a doctor know that?

fact nr 1: docs dont know squat. this is simply a fact

and yes HGH always lowers blood sugar, so keep some carbs close at hand

ns9797
01-03-2018, 03:34 AM
So if gh lowers blood sugar why add insulin? And I know to not take insulin without gh necuse you will get fat but should people with gh deficiency take insulin to help with the anabolic effect or will they just get fat since their deficienc already? I’m just seeing if Insulin is for me since I’m not the average gh user that has a normal gh levels compared to others that do and are taking gh with insulin

GODZILLA
01-03-2018, 05:04 AM
So if gh lowers blood sugar why add insulin? And I know to not take insulin without gh necuse you will get fat but should people with gh deficiency take insulin to help with the anabolic effect or will they just get fat since their deficienc already? I’m just seeing if Insulin is for me since I’m not the average gh user that has a normal gh levels compared to others that do and are taking gh with insulin

2 reasons

1: hgh releases igf-1 in the liver and 2-3IU of insulin prolongs this igf-1 release
2: if hgh dosages get above 6IU (pharm grade, not generics) then insulin sensitivity is decreasing and adding insulin actually helps for this, and ofcourse to build more muscle

Mw3best
01-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Hey im using slin with hgh. Do you guys take insulin for a longer time or in a 6 weeks on/2 weeks off cycle?

GODZILLA
01-04-2018, 06:01 AM
Hey im using slin with hgh. Do you guys take insulin for a longer time or in a 6 weeks on/2 weeks off cycle?

you can take it longer and then cycle off, say 10 weeks on and 2 weeks off

Mw3best
01-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Okey so after 3 months i must go off for 2 weeks?

GODZILLA
01-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Okey so after 3 months i must go off for 2 weeks?

insulin cycling is very important. research it more and find a good routine for how many weeks off and on. you have to remain insulin sensitive, its a very important issue

Thorodin
01-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Do you mean 3 Months ed? Or do you Go 3days on 2 days off for 3 Months ? I do it like this with Great Results for 6-8 weeks And same Time off completele .

GODZILLA
01-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Do you mean 3 Months ed? Or do you Go 3days on 2 days off for 3 Months ? I do it like this with Great Results for 6-8 weeks And same Time off completele .

how much and how often is very individual. bigger guys who want to grow further need more and if you are 160pounds then ofcourse you need much less. there is no golden rule here as each body is different and how it reacts. thats why insulin is an advanced compound, because it requires total knowledge of ones own body and lifestyle which is no easy feat

ns9797
01-04-2018, 09:14 PM
And for someone that’s young and deficient in gh and taking 6iu or more for long periods of time basically never coming off, still add insulin? Compared to someone that produces enough gh naturally and is taking gh say 6iu, more or less and adding insulin. Basically saying is insulin nessacry in deficient GH users that are taking 6iu or more? or no because they produce less?

GODZILLA
01-04-2018, 09:35 PM
And for someone that’s young and deficient in gh and taking 6iu or more for long periods of time basically never coming off, still add insulin? Compared to someone that produces enough gh naturally and is taking gh say 6iu, more or less and adding insulin. Basically saying is insulin nessacry in deficient GH users that are taking 6iu or more? or no because they produce less?

i never dealt with anybody who is deficient in hgh, so this is a good question for a qualified doctor

ns9797
01-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Yeah that’s going to be a hard one ask a doctor because of the insulin issue. It’s going to be a needle in a hay stack. It’s really just going to be a trial and error trying my self. I know that taking gh above 6iu can cause insulin resistance for a normal person. What are other signs for a normal peroson taking high gh with out Insulin have side effect wise?

GODZILLA
01-05-2018, 06:07 AM
Yeah that’s going to be a hard one ask a doctor because of the insulin issue. It’s going to be a needle in a hay stack. It’s really just going to be a trial and error trying my self. I know that taking gh above 6iu can cause insulin resistance for a normal person. What are other signs for a normal peroson taking high gh with out Insulin have side effect wise?

losing insulin sensitivity would be the main one, also not being able to put more mass on as the hgh above 6iu is burning so much fat and food you can move forward in weight, also lowering of the t3 happens so you need to supplement with t4

ns9797
01-06-2018, 02:55 AM
So basically the insulin is like a caloric boost to help catch up with the metabolism which that’s what I thought. Which when adding insulin you need to be more cautious on what types of food you eat, right? But if taking gh without insulin and with anabolics you need to be a little more dirty right? Because it kind of makes you a hard gainer. For example Im an easy gainer but lately My weight keeps dropping even without out my cardio. Yeah I haven’t had an appetite so I’ve been downing lots of caloric dense foods peanut butter and such to help the calories. And Even so my stomach has been distended but when I wake up the stomach gone. And I have been having this without the insulin. So I know it’s the food and I don’t add excess sodium. So overall I think the gh is working well for me even being deficient. And just need to experiment with the insulin more, I know it makes me tired more and feel drained which interferes with my workouts.

GODZILLA
01-06-2018, 03:16 AM
insulin is a nutrient shuttle. if you use too much of it or eat fats with it you will get fat from insulin.

if taking hgh and aas then yes you can be bit more dirty with the calories