PDA

View Full Version : Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It

BIGDADDY
03-04-2015, 05:16 AM
Awesome video....

Taubes reveals the bad nutritional science of the last century, none more damaging or misguided than the calories-in, calories-out model of why we get fat, and the good science that has been ignored, especially regarding insulins regulation of our fat tissue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6vpFV6Wkl4

Drako
03-04-2015, 09:01 AM
This video is really great. I also got a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs

Powertard
03-05-2015, 01:10 AM
Very interesting!!

I have been saying this for a long time to my friends who all "diet" on icecream etc high sugar shit

"How come we both have similar calorie needs and we weigh everything and eat in a very similar defecit we both lift weights we both sleep 8 hrs both take similar dosages of anabolics but I eat green lentils, cheese, milk, oats, a banana or two etc and you eat ice cream chocolate lower fat high sugar etc I eat 1.6-1.8 g/kg protein a day, eat low gi carbs around training time and in the morning and majority of my calories are from fats yet you all eat retard high protein intakes loads of carbs calories from sugar and avoid fats I diet for 8 weeks you diet for 14 weeks and we both lose very similar bf %ages in that time frame and weight too? Why is my blood work healthy when I do that and goes to shit when I don't have the time/money to do all that and revert back to chocolate milk pizza etc lazy powerlifter foods and then as if by magic although my calories are similar, maybe slightly higher, I gain back all that fat in 4 weeks than it took 8 weeks to lose?"

Powertard
03-05-2015, 01:11 AM
I even posted on GH15 that you should eat 1.6-1.8 g/Kg bodyweight of protein and eat lower-moderate GI carbs before training and after training also breakfast and the majority of calories should come from fat and I got flamed out

Nitrox
03-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Interesting topics...There is also a study where in the they noted that the psychology related to eating also is a factor with obesity, For example, As kids we are told not to waste our food..etc this leads kids to have eating disorders, eating more than what they should be. And to make it worse the fast food companies MEGA size everything these days.

SRRRRR
04-16-2015, 10:06 PM
very good watch