PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Trial - Correcting delayed delivery issues

BIGDADDY
03-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Due to a huge amount of tiny orders and limited delivery capacity by the dispatcher who cannot handle the volume of daily orders, we had experienced a sitution where the number of daily orders far exceeded the maximum dispatch quota for the day (security policy). This obviously accumulated on a daily level and orders would get delayed and further delayed. Hence why I stopped orders until we processed the majority of the delivery queue.

Some measures we are planning to implement to resolve this include:

Setting a 100GBP minimum order
Setting 40 weekly dispatch slots open per week on a first come first served basis. You would only reserve your slot when payment is received, not simply ordered.

Obviously all paid orders needs to be in by Thursday to go out Friday latest, then following weeks orders would start from Friday.

This week we will trial to see if it makes ordering more efficient!!

SMonMTS
03-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Does applying a discount which reduces the order to below 100gbp make the order invalid?

Magician
03-13-2015, 03:46 PM
interesting method, hopefully works out for you guys

BIGDADDY
03-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Does applying a discount which reduces the order to below 100gbp make the order invalid?

Will be the case when the time comes.

SMonMTS
03-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Does this delivery queue now mean shipments are sent out once a week? Being a bit impatient about my goodies ;)

BIGDADDY
03-24-2015, 11:38 PM
Does this delivery queue now mean shipments are sent out once a week? Being a bit impatient about my goodies ;)

NO. Shipments are sent out every weekday, but we have orders received daily and so everyday the queue grows and shrinks accordingly. Just a matter of being patient for the dispatcher to get to it.

SMonMTS
03-25-2015, 12:04 AM
Ok just curious thanks for the reply