PDA

View Full Version : Making Weight for a show in 3 weeks

Didmo1983
05-24-2015, 05:09 AM
After doing two Men's Physique shows, I am 3 weeks out from doing my first u70kg BB Show. Making weight is not totally new to me as I boxed, but in BB terms it is. I weighed a lean ish 76kg on stage at my last Physique but was lazy in my last month and my conditioning was way off. After a rebound couple of days, I had come down from 80-73kg since May 4th. Now against all the advice I give others I have been weighing myself first thing every morning - yesterday I was 11st 6lbs (72.5kg - and I was happy thinking it was bang on point 3 weeks to the day out), today I am 11st 9lbs (73.9kg). Now I know this is a school boy error because weighing every day can fluctuate so much and the direction of travel over time is going down but what about my cycle? I am running a heavy cycle, but I hope designed to not let me hold too much weight...

Currently;
• 1ml of Mast Prop ED (take out with 12 days to go)
• 1ml of 'Lean Extreme' ED
• 1ml Tren Ace EOD
• 1ml Methyl Tren EOD
• 100mg 'Stanavar' (50mg of winnie, 50mg var combo)
• 25mg of Halo a day (up it to 50mg with 10 days to go)
• 120mg of clen, 50mg of t3 ED
• 4iu of helios
• Arimidex

I mean my food is simply;
• 165g of chicken breast (or a tin of tuna steak with water, the odd time those lean Kangaroo meatballs) with greens (broccoli/sprouts/spinach) X4,One meal of four eggs and broccoli. If am starving I have an extra bowl or spinach/sprouts.
• 1-2 AIM aminos and a shit load of water.
• Low carb seems to work for me anyway, but I have even cut out my steak and salmon to reduce calories.

Training wise: I normally doing incline walking (300 cal burn, mostly twice a day) for my cardio, 6 sessions a week with one day off the weights, legs twice a week.

Anyway, I am going to have a weekly weigh in as I am letting my mood for the day be decided by the weigh in, but realistically what weight do I need to be at show week to only have to sweat out a couple of pounds? Is it a case of 'stop worrying, just keep dieting and working hard and trust the weight is coming down over time'?, or is there anything more/less/different I should do? I will do whatever it takes to make weight, however temporary (I have sweated out 7lbs in a day for boxing), but maybe I just need someone to tell me to stop being a baby!

As you can see from my photos I am not absolutely shredded but I am pretty lean, so I am beginning to obsess about the bloody number on the scales.

BIGDADDY
05-25-2015, 05:22 PM
How tall are you?

I think in terms of bodybuilding, you should concentrate on these areas:

* quads
* rear delts
* chest

This is one of my friends who is your weight. However, I think he is only 160-165cm tall and around your weight. I don't know if you get guys in your comp looking like this guy, but should give you a target for areas to improve... like this guy's chest is so big it looks like double D tits.

https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11080966_1010310488998811_1311224605311215664_n.jp g?oh=2ba5ad77f4e92eb049e81c9348c04122&oe=55C54632

Neverthless, keep going... keep improving... let us know how your progressing. I'm keen to know. Thanks.

Didmo1983
05-26-2015, 04:58 AM
How tall are you?

I think in terms of bodybuilding, you should concentrate on these areas:

* quads
* rear delts
* chest

This is one of my friends who is your weight. However, I think he is only 160-165cm tall and around your weight. I don't know if you get guys in your comp looking like this guy, but should give you a target for areas to improve... like this guy's chest is so big it looks like double D tits.

https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11080966_1010310488998811_1311224605311215664_n.jp g?oh=2ba5ad77f4e92eb049e81c9348c04122&oe=55C54632

Neverthless, keep going... keep improving... let us know how your progressing. I'm keen to know. Thanks.

I am 5,6/168cwm

Thanks - feedback is priceless in this game and it's appreciated. The positive thing is that even through my novice eye I identified those very same weaknesses. A bit of background on me - I did my first two physique shows (sept 14, April 15) pretty much only doing Crossfit, then a bit of crossfit and traditional bodybuilding training. So I have only had about 3 months of training like a proper bodybuilder, I was natural until January this year too, so the gear is something new to me.

Chest and quad width is something that is a priority, a rotator cuff injury pretty much wiped out any chest work for a few months from November-January so I know I am playing catch up on an already weak area. I have been working legs twice a week for the whole of 2015, so going to really work on improving them continually.

Funnily enough we have been focusing flat out on my read delts in my shoulder work too, making sure they are hit first in the workout and making sure they become part of my back workout.

April 26th was my last physique show, had a rebound week back up to 80kg due to a family holiday, so didn't even start dieting flat out for this show until then. Got 18 days to go, so it was just about making weight and bringing the best I could for my debut. With all what I have learned and am learning all the time, I think with a proper 12 week prep, I can bring a much better package to my second show in September. That said, it's appreciated you taking the time to have a look. Thanks

Didmo1983
05-29-2015, 09:46 PM
Feel I am coming in, experimenting with the the aldactone today, made the error of doing 1x100mg tab, which flew threw me a bit! But weigh in tomorrow to see how close to 70kg I am, here I am tonight.

Didmo1983
06-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Around 71.5kg now, much tighter with 5 days to go.

Powertard
06-12-2015, 02:30 AM
Heh that's a big transformation just from the diuretic

Powertard
06-12-2015, 02:31 AM
Looks like you have some scapular dyskenesia btw

Did you ever injure your right shoulder?

BIGDADDY
06-12-2015, 04:41 AM
Diuretics helped massively. good!

Didmo1983
06-12-2015, 04:43 AM
Looks like you have some scapular dyskenesia btw

Did you ever injure your right shoulder?

Funnily enough my posing coach asked the same question. I dislocated my shoulder, must be 20 years ago now. So perhaps it's that? Weirdly I have one calf bigger than the other too and perhaps thought it was because of an Achilles injury I had in my youth.

Thanks - I would like to think other compounds and you maybe a tiny bit of my own hard work brought me in too :) Anyway, show day tomorrow, long travel up. My 'trial' water weight cut work and hit the weight limit after an evening of sauna etc. So all good to go. :)