PDA

View Full Version : Hello from down under

ironmaster
06-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Hi guys,
Been training 20 years and have many BB titles to my name. I will post pictures once I feel the need to but for now I will just say hi and hope to share and receive advice on training diet and supplement including cycling

All the best from ironmaster

BIGDADDY
06-02-2015, 04:26 AM
My favourite aussie bodybuilders areScott Goble and Jake Nikolopoulos.

ironmaster
06-02-2015, 10:36 AM
I know both these guys not personally but have seen them compete. I judged Scott at the Nationals in OZ way back in 2007 and he came in 3rd in the heavies I think. He was great and willing to take advice from me as I let him know what he needed to improve on. Hence from then on he went on to win a few major show. I stopped competing in 2006 after 3 r/up spots at a national level. But 10 years on keen to get back into the ring so to speak.

BIGDADDY (OLD)
06-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Hi guys,
Been training 20 years and have many BB titles to my name. I will post pictures once I feel the need to but for now I will just say hi and hope to share and receive advice on training diet and supplement including cycling

All the best from ironmaster

Great to have you guys on board.you sound like an old un,been there got the t-shirt so to speak,like myself!!
Your knowledge will be valuable to the members on our forum so please feel free to express all past and future experiences.i have many on another forum MTS are a sponsor on.your customs are 'bastards' as you are aware,so it's always nice when you guys receive our products even after the majority have been opened;)
Be active!!

ironmaster
06-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I will post up all my creeds next couple of days and also post what I feel has worked for me over the years.

like I said got 25 years training and about 20 years of cycling under my belt so I will be glad to shear my views.

hope your members get something out of it. I will also post some comp pictures.

ironmaster

grotereber
06-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I will post up all my creeds next couple of days and also post what I feel has worked for me over the years.

like I said got 25 years training and about 20 years of cycling under my belt so I will be glad to shear my views.

ironmaster

looking forward to hearing it, always good to hear from people with experience

Diary of a beast
06-03-2015, 02:40 PM

ironmaster

any help is great! I will keep my eyes open for further info!

ironmaster
06-04-2015, 01:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I will start with training.
back when I started was way over trained like doing split routines which is ok but I would try to do every or each bodypart in that workout and taking 2 hrs to do. My weight went from 58kg to 65kg this was my first 2 years

I cut back on the split doing a 4 way split training 5 days a week and had some good gains went up to 75kg almost straight away Then after 5 years topped out at 85kg. I then went heavy duty and trained that way for about the next 10 years went from 85kg to a max of 102kg all at 168cm bf 13%

I competed regularly through those years from teen show all the way to open men at a national level last show 2006. Won my state titles and best was 2002 2003 2006 I was r/up 3 times at the Mr Australia in those years.

On diet I tried it all and will post my diets off season and comp if you guys are interested? but what I learned is diet is very personal meaning what works for one will not work for another although that being said there are some basics that all must follow.

On cycling again very personal you must learn what works for you but some tips on how to cycle best I will list in a new post so look out for it.
I want to post some pics first so then you guys can see I know what I am talking about. I just got to get some time to load my old comp pic to my computer before I can load them up so stay tuned. Although what I do not like is guys thinking gear is the answer and want it straight away. first build a foundation I mean I trained 5 year before I did anything and gained good 17kg of body weight that is the secret if their is any. get some time under your belt and then when you do get gassed it works so much better and you have learned by then on how to train and diet right and gear becomes like the icing on the cake. I will talk about this more some other time.

During my last 10 years away from training I continued to learn more and now have what I feel some real great info to share with you guys and I will lay it all out on what I think is the best way to do it. trust me I have made some big mistakes along the way like tearing my pec in 2007 and bicep in 2012 all had to be fixed through surgery but sad thing is all could have been avoided.

Oh by the way my best off season was 102kg at 13%bf and comp weight 85kg sub 4%bf all at 168cm not huge but I was know for my balance and quality of muscle mass. had legit 18 inch arms on stage with great legs to match.

So there you are guys keep training and I will post a new thread soon with all what I have said above but laid out in a more formal manner this was just a quick intro.

be sure to keep an eye out for future posts and just to add any guys from OZ wanting to catch feel free to PM

ironmaster

grotereber
06-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Those are pretty amazing stats for that height, particularly on stage! plenty of 220 @10% guys online but once they diet down it all strangely disappears, so 85kg@168cm on stage is awesome. looking forward to your thread mate.