PDA

View Full Version : Blood results

canners
08-17-2019, 07:56 AM
Recently had some bloods done as been feeling very lethargic and anxious etc. My sleep has been terrible my partner said to me this morning I don’t stop moving all night. I am alsocraving sugary carbs 24/7 I think this may be a tired thing but thought it was time to get checked after being in and off cycles for about 4 years now.

Currently taking test e 2ml on a Sunday
Shredded 1ml mon/weds/Friday t3 25mcg mon-friday clen Half a tab mon-thurs arimidex 1tab mon/weds/Friday . 3 weeks in on this cycle.
Prior to that was test e 4ml a week
Tren acetate 4ml a week

Please see results below, and any suggestions pls.

Results outside markers

Red blood cells 15.8 low
Platelet counf 453 very high
Liver health
ALT 67.5 high
Proteins
SHBG 4.56 low
Cholesterol
Total HDL 14 high
Muscle health
Creatine kinase 1094 (308 upper limit)
Iron status
TIBC 79.3
Hormones
Oestradiol 395 high
Test 219 high
Free test 10.3 high
Prolactin 993 high
Adrenal
Cortisol 565 very high

Is it time to come off the gear ? Any suggestions pls,

Test result notes below

Hi, I note that you are taking this test to optimise your sporting performance and that you're currently taking anabolic androgenic steroids. Thanks for letting us know.

As you have noted, things aren't really in balance at the moment. It appears you are taking anabolic androgenic steroids in too high a dose and we're seeing some issue in today's bloods.

As you may know, the use of anabolic/androgenic steroids (AAS) can have a number of negative consequences on health. These effects can be seen even at lower doses of anabolic steroid however they tend to become more apparent as dosages and testosterone levels increase.
Fortunately we can often detect these effects in your blood work before the development of physical symptoms and often the abnormalities are reversible by reducing or stopping steroid use.

All anabolic androgenic steroids can place increased stress on the liver however as you know some are directly toxic. You have an increased level of alanine transferase, which may indicate that you need to stop or reduce your steroid use.

Anabolic androgenic steroids increase the activity of a liver enzyme which breaks down healthy HDL cholesterol (this has been marked in your case). This effect is seen even with modest doses of anabolic androgenic steroids however is most notably seen with oral steroids
In addition, anabolic androgenic steroids can cause an increase in unhealthy LDL/non-HDl cholesterol. The combined effect is an increase in your total cholesterol to HDL ratio. An increasing ratio is associated with increased risk of heart disease.
This ratio ordinarily returns to normal with the cessation of steroid use however deposition of plaques in arteries may have occurred (atherosclerosis) which is likely to to be permanent.
Your total cholesterol to HDL ratio is 14 (which is really very high). To find out more about how your cholesterol might be affecting your risk of cardiovascular disease please visit - https://qrisk.org/2017/. You will need a recent blood pressure reading also.
If your qrisk score shows that you have a cardiovascular risk of greater than 10% then you should discuss this result with your GP. If it is less than 10% then you may want to repeat this test in 12 months to keep an eye on your cholesterol levels and hopefully see them improve.

You have a markedly elevated creatine kinase level. This is a breakdown product from injured muscle. It is a common finding in a bodybuilder or athlete, however yours is at a level that starts to raise concerns about a condition called rhabdomyolysis. The threshold at which we start to consider this is 1000 in a person of average build. The value for an athlete is likely to be higher if they have significantly increased muscle mass.
There are a wide range of potential symptoms. The classic example is dark brown or tea-coloured urine. Other symptoms that would cause concern include muscle tenderness, swelling, stiffness and cramping, accompanied by weakness. There are also some non-specific symptoms, such as malaise, fever, abdominal pain, and nausea and vomiting. If any of these affect you then I recommend attending your local emergency department today. If you are feeling well then I recommend repeating your CK test at least 48 hours after any intensive exercise to establish what your baseline is.

You have healthy iron levels. The marginally raised TIBC is no cause for concern.

Your vitamin levels are excellent.

Your hormone profile is in keeping with the use of anabolic androgenic steroids in too high a dose. Your follicle stimulating hormone and LH are suppressed whilst your testosterone level is very high high.
Your oestradiol is raised, this is most likely due to high testosterone levels. The best way to reduce this by reducing your testosterone levels as opposed to anti-oestrogenic drugs as they can cause further derangement of cholesterol and liver profiles.

Your thyroid shows a low thyroxine, which again is likely due to the steroids rather than a thyroid problem itself.

Finally, your prolactin is also very high - again, likely due to steroids - but should be monitored to make sure it is coming down.

In summary, I recommend reducing your anabolic androgenic steroids levels dramatically as we're seeing some marked effects of them today. I recommend following today's test up with a TRT-Check Plus test in 3 months to continue to monitor your levels and to check your organ systems to ensure you are safe. A Sports Hormone UltraVit would be more appropriate if you are looking to optimise yourself for performance. If you have any symptoms or concerns which are worrying you in the meantime then you should see your GP.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

MAXIMUS
08-18-2019, 04:18 PM
cortisol is sky high as well as some other key markers. lower your dosage and retest every 10-14 days (not in 3 months like the doc says, thats too long of a waiting period and not knowing)

canners
08-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Thanks mate will try that

Quad101
08-23-2019, 10:51 PM
Platelet count is pretty damn high too, id seek professional help tbh. Platelet that high can increase your risk for tromboses

MAXIMUS
08-24-2019, 06:46 AM
correct, high HB and HCT isnt a problem when platelets are normal. its a normal reaction to hormones, body is getting more optimised. BUT when platelets go up, then there is danger of clotting and thats the last thing you want.

check if you have polycythaemia vera. genetic disorder where the body produces not more red blood cells but also white cells and platelets

keeping platelets in the normal is very important

interestingly you have LOW RBC's but high platelets: this could indicate an IRON issue, so be sure to test the following: total iron, transferrin, iron saturation and very very importantly your ferritin

canners
10-02-2019, 07:20 PM
ThAnk you for this, would you go to the docs then ? I’ve now finished my cycle I’ve been off for 2 weeks now and was planning on starting pct from now- 1 pct tab a night for the next 5 weeks and then I was planning on having bloods done again after this ? What would you guys recommend thanks ?

MAXIMUS
10-03-2019, 04:45 AM
get bloodwork before and after pct to see how you have recovered, and pay attention to the other points laid out such as iron, rbc's etc

canners
10-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Bloods at the docs ? As I paid for this test through medi checks which are like £100 a time ?

ThAnsk

MAXIMUS
10-03-2019, 06:25 PM
As long as you get good bloodwork thats what matters, it doesnt have to be via a special doctor. plenty of private clinics and labs to do it quickly and cheap

canners
10-04-2019, 04:35 AM
Sorry if I’m being stupid, but what should I search for to find the places that do these tests. I have also decided that I will cruise on 1ml of test e per week before I blast again next summer.

I took 2ml today as I’d been off for 2 weeks and bam my snoring started again. I have done some research tonight and it says there is a direct corelation between OSA and TRT. So my plan is to keep lowering the dosage until this subsides.

But back to bloods if you could recommend what I need to look for that would be great

Thanks

MAXIMUS
10-04-2019, 06:10 AM
red blood count, hematocrit and then a general bloodpanel to know your health