PDA

View Full Version : Why bodybuilders do fasting?

MTS-Head Coach
07-14-2021, 09:00 PM
Why fasting in bodybuilding?

During the last years fasting is “fashion” like some years ago was “keto diets” and when is fashion everybody does it even if don’t make any sense for is body and goal. If is fashion is nice!
We all know to build muscle you need to eat a lot and mostly when you have a lot of muscle mass like most of the bodybuilders. When you are on your limits is so hard to gain 1 pound of muscle but at same time so easy to lose 10 pounds if I skip a meal easy I lose 3 to 4 pounds) .

I ask you why a bodybuilder should do fasting. To lose in days what he will need months to regain? And for what? Let´s see if in one year you do fasting for 3 weeks, what 21 days without eating will do on 340 eating 6 to 8 meals, 4 to 7k calories. It will do nothing to recover digestion system and at same time you will lose easy 20 pounds muscle that you will need almost rest of the year to recover. This is simple do 10 steps back on your goals.
Bodybuilder needs to eat , but mostly absorb and for that we need to eat the food we digest better , stay away from dairy and gluten and take a lot probiotics and enzymes and also slim to help absorb all the food we eat .

Fasting as is place on health and fitness for sure because it will improve your gut health and also improve your life but only for people that are not worried on build muscle like bodybuilders and fitness athletes.
Eat lean, eat smart, and mostly eat what your body absorb better.

What is your opinion? Bodybuilders should do fasting or not?

DarrenW29
07-15-2021, 05:31 PM
Amazing post sticky this is put into great words for everyone to understand you said it so good we loose weight skipping a meal even skipping the routine you loose weight fasting imagine how much you will loose it’s like doing way too much cardio it’s not benefit and like you said just eat foods you digest don’t over push and no need to do fancy things like fasting for health sure but for to get huge biggest mistake