PDA

View Full Version : Ginger Extract - a more potent NGF booster than Lion's Mane

DarrenW29
05-13-2022, 03:19 AM
Came across this interesting guys never used it personally but thought I’d share

r/NootropicsDepot - Ginger Extract - a more potent NGF booster than Lion's Mane (in mice); improves learning and memory similar to Piracetam. Any chance for a standardized extract on ND soon?

Lion's Mane mushroom extract is well known for its pro-cognitive benefits, as demonstrated in both mice and humans. In mice it significantly increases NGF levels in the brain, which is thought to be the main mechanism in its cognitive enhancing property.
I came across this study on Ginger Extract in mice from 2014. In this study, 5 mg/kg Ginger Extract improved memory and learning similar to 400 mg/kg Piracetam. What's even more fascinating, however, is that 25 mg/kg of the Ginger Extract increased NGF levels by 10 to 15-fold; a massive increase, far higher than the increase by Lion's Mane. This was attributed to the ability of Gingerols in GE to induce the CREB pathway.
The 25 mg/kg dose is equivalent to ~2-3 mg/kg in humans (division by 12.833 to convert mouse dose to human). This would be ~120-270mg per day for most people - such dose of a Ginger Extract is feasible and affordable. Even with more conservative estimates of 5-10 mg/kg needed for humans, such doses of a standardized extract should be affordable.

emperorcaliano
05-17-2022, 08:33 PM
Came across this interesting guys never used it personally but thought I’d share

r/NootropicsDepot - Ginger Extract - a more potent NGF booster than Lion's Mane (in mice); improves learning and memory similar to Piracetam. Any chance for a standardized extract on ND soon?

Lion's Mane mushroom extract is well known for its pro-cognitive benefits, as demonstrated in both mice and humans. In mice it significantly increases NGF levels in the brain, which is thought to be the main mechanism in its cognitive enhancing property.
I came across this study on Ginger Extract in mice from 2014. In this study, 5 mg/kg Ginger Extract improved memory and learning similar to 400 mg/kg Piracetam. What's even more fascinating, however, is that 25 mg/kg of the Ginger Extract increased NGF levels by 10 to 15-fold; a massive increase, far higher than the increase by Lion's Mane. This was attributed to the ability of Gingerols in GE to induce the CREB pathway.
The 25 mg/kg dose is equivalent to ~2-3 mg/kg in humans (division by 12.833 to convert mouse dose to human). This would be ~120-270mg per day for most people - such dose of a Ginger Extract is feasible and affordable. Even with more conservative estimates of 5-10 mg/kg needed for humans, such doses of a standardized extract should be affordable.

Why not giving it a go, I don't think that would be really expensive tho

MTS-Head Coach
05-17-2022, 10:18 PM
Ginger as many beneficts and we all should use if we take care our health