PDA

View Full Version : Pre-loading syringes with med mutasion and shredded

Big ian
01-04-2016, 11:21 PM
If im doing short esters i prefer to pre-load my syringes for that week but i remember once the gear ate away at the rubber in my syringe. Im guessing due to ethyl oleate content maybe? Or very high BA? Or both??

Well i have some mutasion and shredded im fancying stacking together and was going to pre-load as i find it much more convenient to do so but am worried im going to ruin a weeks worth if it melts the rubber.

So, anyone done this with either or both of these products or maybe if someone from mts could advise maybe?

Thanks

grotereber
01-05-2016, 01:18 AM
i'm more concerned about injecting dissolved rubber. most gear is already having some heavy metal contamination due to being manufactured in china anyway. curious what mr big thinks

Big ian
01-05-2016, 02:26 AM
Yeah when it happened to me before it was obvious to see what had happened, the oil had pretty much turned black! I threw it away obviously!

Esc8p
01-07-2016, 07:31 AM
Yeah when it happened to me before it was obvious to see what had happened, the oil had pretty much turned black! I threw it away obviously!

Wow, I never thought of this or had that happen to me before. I've recently started preloading slin pins and would hate to waste a bunch. IN for answers.

brimmy
01-08-2016, 06:49 AM
What kind of cheap ass barrels are you guys using? I've preloaded in the past when I was pinning everyday I would do a week at a time and never had any issues.. I actually have a preloaded syringe with shredded in my draw from like 6 months ago I'll go take a look at it, 2 secs..

brimmy
01-08-2016, 06:51 AM
Nope they're all good.. Turns out there was 3 syringes I had stuffed in that sock haha

Esc8p
01-08-2016, 06:55 AM
Now that I think of it, why would the solvent in the oil take on the rubber plunger of the syringe and not the rubber of the stopper in the vial. Something else must have happened.

brimmy
01-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Now that I think of it, why would the solvent in the oil take on the rubber plunger of the syringe and not the rubber of the stopper in the vial. Something else must have happened.

Yeah very good point

Big ian
01-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Will have been braun or luer-lock or something mate. Not cheapskate ones. Only ever happened once in the 17yrs ive been using and it was about 2 yrs ago with some tren i think? After it happened i found that others had had the same thing happen. I think the difference between the stopped in a vial and that in a syringe is the vial is usually silicone which is less reactive than ordinary rubber.