PDA

View Full Version : Perth

Xero
05-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Hi friends,

In need of some advice here. My family's planning for a short vacation to Perth come June. We're probably gonna be staying here for a week or so but seeing as I'll be about 10 weeks out from a show at that juncture, I have a few questions I hope some of you Aussie lads can help me out with.

Gear and diet shouldn't be much of a problem, but what concerns me would be having a place to train, as well as access to syringes and needles. Are syringes/needles easily available OTC at grocery stores or pharmacies or do I have to go to a specific place to purchase them? How much should I expect to pay for them and will they bug me for identity checks and so on?

I'll probably be staying at one of the following hotels:

Mercure Perth Hotel
Travelodge Perth
Goodearth Hotel Perth
Novotel Perth Langley
Pan Pacific Perth

I'm not sure if they're equipped with a decent gym, so if anyone who happens to live in the vincinity knows of gyms that allow pay-per-entry, I would really appreciate if you'd let me know where they're located. Also if anyone has any recommendations with regards to the above hotels, it'll be appreciated too. I'd preferably like gyms that open till late at night, possibly even 24/7 because I'd like to spend the mornings and afternoons sightseeing and doing touristy stuff, then train late at night when my family's done for the day and back at the hotel resting. Training is one thing but I'd really want to prioritise family time for this trip.

Thanks so much in advance.

grotereber
05-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Look up needle exchanges near those places, also a pharmacy will sell you some stuff if there isn't one but it really depends on the pharmacy. Using an exchange is free and anonymous, they are a great service.

Xero
05-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Look up needle exchanges near those places, also a pharmacy will sell you some stuff if there isn't one but it really depends on the pharmacy. Using an exchange is free and anonymous, they are a great service.

Hey man, I'll check it out. Don't really like how it's linked to substance abuse and the like but I guess that's my best option. Any recommendations on gyms I can visit? I don't need anything fancy, just some basic equipment like a barbell and squat rack, some dumbbells would be nice too.

Thanks loads man.

grotereber
05-09-2016, 11:40 PM
Hey man, I'll check it out. Don't really like how it's linked to substance abuse and the like but I guess that's my best option. Any recommendations on gyms I can visit? I don't need anything fancy, just some basic equipment like a barbell and squat rack, some dumbbells would be nice too.

Thanks loads man.

I've never been sorry, just I know there are needle exchanges all over in most capital cities. I get you there man, it feels shifty but they are always very friendly and non judgemental. Last time I went in they were like, 'you must be here for steroids, you don't look like a heroin user'.

Xero
05-10-2016, 03:59 AM
I've never been sorry, just I know there are needle exchanges all over in most capital cities. I get you there man, it feels shifty but they are always very friendly and non judgemental. Last time I went in they were like, 'you must be here for steroids, you don't look like a heroin user'.

I will most certainly keep an eye out for one when I'm there then. Thanks so much once again, appreciate it man.